Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Makeup test for my little model

I've been working hard creating a photo session based on a Russian story called "The silver saucer and the fresh apple" that I loved when I was a kid. I think all my life I've been deeply influenced by all kinds of classic stories and I like to put them in pictures, maybe because I am not 100% into realism. Specially since photography (as painting) allow us to create fabulous things. Maybe that's why I started reading Vogue. Many of their editorials are not realistic and they are almost always full of color. I love them!
So, a friend of mine, Diosa, has a beautiful 12 year old daughter called Angel. She has one of the cutest faces I've ever seen, but since for my story, the main character is around 15 or 16, I had to make her look a little bit older, but always keeping her beautiful features: pointy nose, soft long face, big brown eyes, and a perfect skin a little bit tanned. So, before we make the shoot, I made make up test on her for the character, and here is the result.
I added a little bit darker colors than she actually needs to give her few years more and I think it worked perfectly fine, because she still looks beautiful but a tad older :) but if you are a 12 to 14 year old, try to avoid deep thick black eyeliners unless you want to look older ;)
I think we will be working on the photo session at the end of this week:
I think she will become an awesome model: She is always relaxed in front of her camera, the mix of her European and Latin features is just fabulous: they give her perfect nose, lips, cheeks, and wonderful eyes. I wish I looked like her when I was her age!!
For the makeup I just focused on her lips and eyes, giving a very light foundation and blush to the whole face using Chanel and MAC.
Wish us good luck for the shoot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really appreciate all your comments!